Friday, June 20, 2008

A Little Weekend Fun


"Suicide Pinto"

Ok, I had to put this one up,
My friend Bill Dant has a spoof rock band that's getting pretty popular in some unpopular circles in Portland. It's called "Bill Dant and The Spotty Livers".
This song, "Suicide Pinto", was actually featured on National Public Radio's "Car Talk" and the "Dr. Demento" comedy radio show. This is his first music video, and it cracked me up.
I can't wait to see the music video for another one of his hits, "Uncle Wally's Veal Farm".

4 comments:

Sean C. Ledig said...

Cool tune.

So you're a Dementoid! I knew there was something that kept me coming back to this site.

Dojo Rat said...

I'm pretty sure Dr. Demento was a professor at Reed College in Portland.
He had a weekly show that was really good, lots of old vaudville-type humor in music.
Spike Jones?

Sean C. Ledig said...

"Me and my mate were back at the shack,

I had Spike Jones on the box.

She said, 'I can't take the way he sings, but I love to hear him talk.'
"

I love novelty music. I miss the good Doctor. I miss the days when I could rely on the radio for most of my entertainment.

Dojo Rat said...

H2H;
We're just getting to be old geezers...