Sunday, December 6, 2009
Afghan War: You'll NEVER See This On American TV
The above video, which appears to have been broadcast on BBC3, clearly shows why training the Afghan population to stand up and fight a counter-insurgency against the Taliban just won't work. The guys in this video are stoned out of their minds on Hashish and Opium, and the British troops are beyond frustrated at the backpeddling and waste of resources.
With that said, I would like people who have a minute to please take a look at this post on Washington's Blog.
Feel free to follow the embedded links in the article, but here is a summary:
1. The Iraq and Afghan wars were both planned by the Bush/Cheney cabal before 911.
2. There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and the administration knew it.
3. Saddam offered to take a great deal of money and leave the country of Iraq.
4. Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz planned to overthrow Six Middle-East countries
5. The Taliban offered to hand Bin Laden off to a neutral country for trial without even seeing the evidence against him. The U.S. obviously turned them down. Cheney needed a "Boogey Man" on the loose.
6. We could have killed Bin Laden in 2001 and 2007.
7. According to the former British Ambassador to Afghanistan the British and U.S. military and the CIA are protecting the most lucrative Drug trade on the planet
The reason we are still there? According to Ambassador Murray:
"Karzai comes directly from the Bush camp and was put in place because of his role with Unocal in developing the Trans Afghanistan Gas Pipeline project. That remains a chief strategic goal. The Asian Development Bank has agreed finance to start construction in Spring 2011. It is of course a total coincidence that 30,000 extra US troops will arrive six months before, and that the US (as opposed to other NATO forces) deployment area corresponds with the pipeline route."