Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Good Wine Saves The Day



From The Chicago Sun Times:

'Give me your money' -- make that a hug

July 15, 2007
WASHINGTON -- Police on Capitol Hill are baffled by an attempted robbery that began with a handgun put to the head of a 14-year-old girl and ended in a group hug.
It started about midnight June 16 when friends were finishing dinner outside a D.C. home, authorities and witnesses said. That's when a hooded man pointed a handgun at the girl's head.

''Give me your money, or I'll start shooting,'' he said, according to the witnesses.

One guest replied, "Why don't you have a glass of wine with us?'' said Cristina Rowan.

The intruder had a sip of Chateau Malescot St-Exupery and said, ''Damn, that's good wine.''

The would-be robber took another sip and put the gun in his sweat pants.

Then the man apologized.

''I think I may have come to the wrong house,'' he said. ''Can I get a hug?''

Rowan wrapped her arms around the man, and the four other guests followed.

The man walked away a few moments later. The group called 911. AP

No comments: