Friday, November 7, 2008

Check This One Out!

Take a visit over at Bob's 'Striking Thoughts", and look at this video of the Aikijutsu group he went to visit.
This is the cool thing about Aikijutsu, which predates Aikido; it employs all kinds of striking as well as locking and throwing. When I was in my twenties our TKD group cross-trained with some Aikido guys. One of their instructors was a guy named John Clodig, an old Navy guy that had inherited the Head of the Yanagi-Ryu Aikijutsu system. When he got a hold of me, I didn't know which way I was going, but I knew he could dislocate or break me at any time - it was quite an experiance.
Check out the link above to Bob's post and see how Aikijutsu works!

UPDATE: Here is the direct link to view the Aikijutsu video: (LINK)

5 comments:

Savage Baptist said...

That was a pretty cool clip.

Charles James said...

DR: Bummer, someone pulled the clip from the web site.

BSM said...

That's odd. All there videos are down:

http://www.youtube.com/aikijutsuvideos

Maybe a big glitch?

BSM said...

I updated my post with their U-tube page link, too.

Dojo Rat said...

Hmmm...
Anyone figure out why they dumped the video yet?