Monday, August 29, 2011

Bombs Away!

"Trebuchet" Catapult


Ah, Island Kids...
My friends kids built this "Trebuchet" catapult for a local science fair. So far they have launched softballs and similar objects, but think what it would do with a Molotov Cocktail!

And for the extra-large version, watch this piano launch from the TV show "Northern Exposure". I was told a local log home builder and his crew built this one:


If you like what these kids built, please go to their YouTube page and leave a nice comment, I'd like to pump up their views. They really worked hard and did all the welding, bolting and assembly of this cool device.

Here's their YouTube page:

Trebuchet catapult link

2 comments:

Sean C. Ledig said...

Hey DR,

You've just guaranteed that I will not be letting my kid visit "Dojo Rat." He doesn't need to be getting any more ideas. (LOL).

Mr. Martial Arts said...

I really enjoyed the article. It is well written, clear and concise.I do enjoy you blog.