Monday, August 24, 2009

Uncle Dojo Rat



Well, I haven't been able to post since last Thursday because I've been playing "Uncle Dojo Rat".
That means, my brother's kids have been sparring with me, attacking me with my swords, and teaching me archery!
Yes, My eight-year-old nephew can certainly out-shoot me with bow and arrow. My brother gave me a traditional longbow, and we shot arrows and guns all weekend. I haven't used a bow and arrow since I was about twelve-years-old in the Boy Scouts. It's been a blast, and the longbow is a great basic learner bow for me.
More to follow, if other Dojo Rats out there are playing around with longbows, let me know!

--By the way, it's great to be able to play "The Bad Uncle"...

4 comments:

Madame Strange said...

rat,

you looked into the bobby joe blythe thing?

Email me

thedragonsorb@hotmail.com

Sensei Strange

Sean C. Ledig said...

I haven't used a longbow in years. I have several compounds, but I would love to get a good longbow.

My Yang Taiji sifu, Ed Ross, had one that I used to use. Typically, Ed liked to use the long bow to explain Taiji principles. Of course, he used everything, from throwing pottery on a wheel to kayaking to illustrate some principles of Taiji.

Dojo Rat said...

Rick;
More like Uncle Fu**-up

Strange;
I'll e-mail you

Sean;
yeah, I can see getting into the whole Zen/Archery thing.

Rick Matz said...

Zens' Sekai I has frequent posts on Kyudo.

http://zensekai.wordpress.com/